Vaughan Ontario Map - An Overview
Vaughan Ontario Map - An Overview
Blog Article
8 Simple Techniques For Vaughan Ontario To Toronto
Table of ContentsThe Main Principles Of Vaughan Ontario Zip Code What Does Vaughan Ontario Mean?A Biased View of Vaughan Ontario WeatherNot known Details About Vaughan On The 2-Minute Rule for Vaughan Ontario WeatherNot known Details About Vaughan Ontario Apartments Fascination About Vaughan Ontario
John Lyons died in 1814, and his mills and other realty were acquired by William Purdy, who added many renovations. His sons, in link with their relative, William Wright, built a tannery and grist mill. The Lyons' mill was after that made use of as a carding and complete-'ng mill. A fire in 1828 eaten the brand-new flour mill constructed by Mr.After his failing the home fell under the hands of David Macdougall & Co. They were unfortunate, the major structures being ruined by succeeding fires. In 1820 Henry White developed a distillery further up the stream. On whole lot 34, concession 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, built a saw-mill in 1825, which was destroyed by an incendiary fire five years later on, being restored the list below year.
Little Known Facts About Vaughan Ontario Weather.
It was once more shed and rebuilt, and is still in procedure. On great deal 36, in the exact same concession, Barnabas Lyons, a son of John Lyons, formerly stated, built a sawmill in the year 1839, which was benefited about thirty years. Hiram Dexter developed a saw-mill 011 great deal 37, in the year 1836, which functioned for several years.
Patterson commenced procedures by the building and construction of a saw-mill, later on developing here the considerable farm carry out manufactory to which the area owes its prosperity. On great deal 41. in the very same concession, a saw-mill was developed by Reuben Purr in the year 1828, which was functioned for concerning twenty years. Mr.
The 2-Minute Rule for Vaughan Ontario Map
Rowland Burr, his son, was just one of the most noted mid and manufacturing facility building contractors in the early days. lie installed a tlour millknown as the Greenfield Millon lot 41, which was rented to Mr (vaughan ontario). Shephard, and was damaged by fire about the year 1840. C. E. Lawrence built a saw-mill on great deal 42, m 1834, and 6 years later on constructed a carding and fulling mill and woollen manufacturing facility, which he functioned for several years, till his death, after which it changed hands regularly.
A double-geared saw-mill was erected on whole lots 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Higher up, on the exact same branch of the stream, stood a distillery built by James McDavids in 1844.
An Unbiased View of Vaughan On
Mr. Langstaff additionally had a carry out manufacturing facility on another small branch of the Don, in the instant neighbourhood. This was built in 1850, a steel file manufacturing facility being vaughan on hotels after that added. On great deal 50, concession 1, a saw-mill was constructed, in 1842, by a man called Heslop, and benefited several years.
In all, there have been first to last twelve saw-mills, 7 grist mills, and three distilleries, built on the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Township. The settlement of Vaughan was finished concerning thirty-five years after the arrival of the leaders. The general personality of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being heavy clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.

The 9-Second Trick For Vaughan Ontario Weather
Of the populace in the latter year those of German beginning numbered 993, being primarily the offspring of old settlers from Pennsylvania. There were 5,248 indigenous Canadians, file inhabitants of land phoned number 824, of whom 500 were also proprietors. The complete location in profession was 67,848 acres. In 1881 the real-time stock of the township phoned number as adheres to: Cattle, 2,952; pop over to these guys horses, 2,481; lamb, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.
Among the owners of pure-blooded livestock are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George Bell, Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and sons, and Edwin Langstaff. The community documents of Vaughan, which have actually not been protected farther back than 1850, reveal that because year the council was arranged under the brand-new regulation which then carne in pressure by the election of David Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.
At the first conference held in the territory hall in the fifth giving in, J. W. Gamble was elected reeve and David Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was picked township staff, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Doorperson, assessors. At a subsequent this website meeting, Rev. James Prick was designated superintendent of Common Institutions at an income of 20.
The Buzz on Vaughan Ontario

Arnold filled up the chair in 1861 and the two complying with years, with William Chef as deputy-reeve. In 18G4 H- S. Howland was once again selected reeve, and remained to hold the position umi] 1868. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve throughout the previous year, and Thos. Graham for 1865-7. In 1868 the reeveship was up to Peter Patterson, and William Hartman and Robert J.
What Does Vaughan Ontario Postal Code Do?
In this year All. G. J. F. Pearce, who had actually officiated as town clerk and treasurer for almost 10 years, surrendered, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was selected to succeed him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for 4 years. David Boyle was chosen reeve in 1872-3, and W. C. Patterson did well to the office in 1874, and maintained it for a number of years.
The principal community officials for 1884 are as follows: Reeve, T. Concierge, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Chef, Carville; 2nd deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; third deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; territory clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hillside. Mr - Vaughan ON. Lawrence is of U. E. Follower origin
Report this page